Bring back that nostalgic broccoli and cheese sauce side dish!
This Cheezy Broccoli Potato Soup does just that. It’s thick and flavourful with sooooo many nutrients.
If you’re timing tonight gives you anxiety when you even consider making dinner, this is tha soup fo’ you!!
It’s really yum with this smokey vegan parmesano, and a side of avocado toast (duh).
This is a super satiating, delicious, and incredibly nutritious soup for those times you just don’t have that time to spend alllllll hours in the kitchen.
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 heads broccoli, roughly chopped
- 2 russet potatoes, roughly chopped
- ¾-1 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 3 cups mushroom or vegetable broth
- Optional for thickening: 1 tbsp corn starch or arrowroot powder, mixed with ½ cup water
- 2 green onion, chopped
- Boil potatoes until soft (place potato in a large pot, cover with water, bring to a rolling boil and let boil for 15 minutes)
- Steam broccoli for 5 minutes (alternatively, place broccoli florets in the boiling water with the potatoes at the 10 minute mark ~ you will lose a bit of flavour, but save on cleaning a pot)
- Meanwhile, water sauté onion and garlic (heat a pan to medium heat, add onion, mix around as it browns for a few minutes, then add a bit of water to de-glaze. Let it cook until translucent, add a bit of water when if it's sticking).
- Blend in two batches: add half of everything (broccoli, potatoes, 1½ tbsp tamari, 1 - 1½ cups broth, ½ cup nutritional yeast) to the blender and blend until almost smooth. Pour into the pot you used for potato boiling, then repeat with the rest of the ingredients.
- Warm the soup up for a few minutes, then stir in the optional cornstarch mixture (mix for at least 30 seconds)
- Serve with avocado toast, green onion, and this Smokey Vegan Parm!
Sign up for the Mostly Plants 28 day Program to kick start 2019!
All the info is here!