Who doesn’t love a good crunch in the mornin’?
But, I don’t love all the sugars + oils snuck into a typical store-bought granola…
Enter: THIS BANGIN’ BANANA TAHINI CHAGA GRANOLA
This recipe is:
-Free from refined sugars and oils
-Made up of whole foods baby!
Pour some milk on top (Earth’s Own new 4 ingredient oat milk are a fave), or sprinkle it on top of your coco yogurt bowl or smoothie bowl. How ever you enjoy granola, you’ll be able to enjoy it knowing you’re packing your body with quality nutrients and good energy.
As for the mushroom part, totally optional, but any opportunity I can get, I’ll add in mushroom powders to my recipes.
The Stay Wyld Organics Mushroom powders are North American sourced, steamed for best absportion, organic, and packaged in glass with a tin lid (plastic-free packaging for the win). I’m using Chaga here, but really could throw all 5 in this recipe!
Turkey Tail, Cordyceps, Lion’s Mane, Reishi AND Chaga all give you a mega dose of antioxidants and act as adaptogens in your body, bringing your body back to homeostasis (balance). They’re also immune-boosting and good for the gut.
Cooking time: 16 minutes
NOTE: This recipe is very double-able. Do it.
- Wet Ingredients:
1/4 cup tahini
1 ripe banana, mashed
2 tsp vanilla
optional: if you like it a bit more sweet, add 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Dry Ingredients:
2.5 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup coconut shreds/ribbons
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
2 tbsp cinnamon
3 tsp Stay Wyld Organics Chaga mushroom powder (use ‘Julia10’ for a 10% discount on these North American, organic, steamed, medicinal mushrooms in plastic-free packaging!)
1/2 tsp salt
- Add ins after baking:
1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries or chopped dates
1/4 cup hemp seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 325F
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a large bowl
- Add in the dry ingredients to the wet and mix thoroughly (hand mixing is the most satisfying and gets the job done best)
- Lay it out evenly on a parchment (or reusable baking sheet) covered pan
- Bake for 16 minutes, mixing around halfway through. (Careful not to burn at the end!)
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before storing it in an airtight container in your cupboard or the fridge. As you transfer it to your container, add in the additional ingredients and shake it up.
- Snack, scoop, or sprinkle it on everything!