The magic of Avo is at it again. Avocado pasta is the answer to your dinner woes.
Whether you’re vegan or not, this pasta is a super easy weekday dinner to fall back on and it’s packed with a ton of nutrients and flavour…all in under 10 minutes. Serve it up with a salad and you’ve got yourself a super satisfying, delicious dinner staple.
If you’re making the switch, it’s all about figuring out your new staples as a new vegan.
Think about it. How many different types of dinners do you make in a month? I’m guessing it’s probably just a handful of go-to recipes you have in your repertoire that you cycle through (nothin’ wrong with that!). Turning veg just means veganizing these go-to’s, or finding a handful of vegan dinner options you love, then creating a new recipe cycle. The longevity of this lifestyle relies on simplicity (and tastiness, of course), and that’s where recipes like this avocado pasta shine.
Not only is the past simple, but it’s such a crowd pleaser. It’s creaminess without the heaviness of your typical creamy pasta.
Kids will gobble this stuff up too, so if your tasters are little munchkins, then definitely give this one a try!
I get overly excited every time I use the spirilizer, like a kid in a candy shop. You get so much ‘spaghetti’ out of just one yam (or any other veggie you choose to spirilize, like yicama, carrot, beet, or zucchini).
- Yams are packed with vitamin C to boost your immunity and aid in healing your wounds.
- Avocados are packed with monounsaturated fats, minimizing joint pain and arthritis, hydrating your skin and strengthening your hair.
- Garlic is an antibiotic and anti-fungal. The sulfur compounds will help keep your blood pressure in tact. Adding lemon to the crushed garlic enhances the sulfur compound allicin, so this sauce is a perfecto comination-o!
- 1-2 yams, spiralized or 1 package spaghetti of choice (I like brown rice pasta)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- Lemon zest from 2 lemons (do this before you juice the lemons)
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 red pepper, diced
- ½ cup black beans, rinsed
- If using pasta instead of yams, boil water in a large pot and cook pasta according to directions
- Meanwhile make the sauce: add avocado, lemon juice, garlic, nutritional yeast to food processor and blend until smooth.
- Strain pasta and pour it back into the large pot. Add the sauce and mix into pasta thouroughly
- Top it off with beans, red pepper, lemon zest and this vegan parm!
-Use any other vegetable you like to spiralize
Sign up to my emails for weekly inspiration, recipes, plus a free PDF on How to Get Hooked On Plants