Warm and smooth with a kick of flava flave!
I wanted to share a recipe with my friend’s crackers, because honestly, anything goes well with Eve’s Crackers.
Her crackers are vegan, gluten-free, with no added oil, sugar-free and delish!
She’s just starting out as a foodie-preneur, which I can relate to with my breakfast cereal, Jules Fuel. So happy for her!
She makes them by hand in Whistler, with love. You must try them 🙂
I mean, come on, look at these beauties.
All the veggies with some spice.
Don’t get me wrong, I love hummus, but sometimes I want an all-veggie dip that has the same texture and satisfaction as your typical hummus. It gets you even more fab nutrients.
We’re sticking with the oil-free, sugar free theme with this dip.
All you have to do is:
- Eve’s Crackers – a way to indulge in your cracker addiction without any hidden trans-fats, refined sugars, gluten, or oils. They’re held together with flax and chia, so they pack a nutrient-dense punch! Fibre, plant-protein, and omega 3s… hello.
- Eggplant – are good for your heart because they’re packed with fiber, potassium, vitamin C, vitamin B6, and phytonutrients). Plus, they help lower bad (LDL) cholesterol by having chlorogenic acid, one of the most powerful free radical scavengers found in plants. It also works as an antimicrobial, antiviral, and anti-carcinogenic agent!
- Red Pepper – these guys are packed with vitamin C, vitamin E, antioxidants, fibre. Yet, they’re low in calories. Perfect for shedding the pounds, warding off disease (cell protection from free radicals), and your immune system!
- Sweet potatoes – I’ve talked about these magic spuds so much already because I use them all the time! Head over to this recipe to see the benefits, or this one.
Roasted Sweet Potato Red Pepper Baba Ganoush
& Eve’s Crackers
Time: 45 minutes
- 1 package of Eve’s Crackers or crackers of choice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup red onion, quartered
- 1 red pepper, cored and quartered
- 1 eggplant, chopped into 1 inch cubes (stem discarded)
- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tbsp sambal olek
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F
- Roast veggies: spread sweet potato, eggplant, pepper and onion on parchment covered baking sheet, roast for 30-40 minutes (until potatoes are soft)
- Let veggies cool for 5 minutes
- Blend roasted veggies, garlic, sambal oelek, tamari and nutritional yeast in your food processor or blender
- Scoop it into a bowl and serve along side the deliciousness of Eve’s Cracker’s and raw veggies of your choice!