Welcome to Hooked On Plants.
A place where everyone is welcome – vegan or not.
This is all about eating MORE plants and fewer animal products. Progress over perfection, my friends.
- Olympian in Ski Cross, Vancouver 2010
- Registered Holistic Nutritionist (2016 graduate from Canadian School of Natural Nutrition)
- Certified Plant-Based Chef (Rouxbe Culinary School) + Certified Raw Food Chef (The Healing Cuisine)
- Certified Main Street Vegan Lifestyle Coach and Educator
- Named one of Canada’s top 10 Vegan Athletes
- My entrepreneurial journey has been a journey: creator of a breakfast cereal company (Jules Fuel), Social Media Manager for Complement + No Meat Athlete & the 80/20 Plants App Spokesperson
I was born + raised in Whistler BC, and I became fully vegan in 2016 after about a year of transitioning. My parents came along for the ride too after reading the China Study, Eat to Live, NutritionFacts.org, and watching Cowspiracy & Game Changers. My Mom is 70 now and a thriving vegan of 6 years.
Benefits I’ve felt from going vegan:
- Less chronic inflammation (after multiple knee surgeries over the years of competing)
- More energy
- Smoother digestion
- Clearer skin
- Better relationship with food! Plus, the benefit of eating in abundance (whole plant foods for the win)
Choosing plants over animal products is the number 1 action we can take towards helping Mother Nature too.
I could go on about the reasons why I’m so passionate about this lifestyle, but when it comes down to it: it’s for the animals first and foremost.
For more, go check out the ‘Why Go Vegan’ page.
Enjoy the blog! You’ll find mainly whole food (always vegan) recipes and tips to inspire you to add more whole, plant foods into your life.
Connect with me on Instagram @hookedonplants.
I hope these recipes help you realize that eating more plant-based is easy + delicious.