The other day I was flippin’ through my fave mag (Veg News) and luckily came across a drool-effect vegan fudge recipe by Jackie Sobon (Vegan Yack Attack). I say ‘luckily’ because… now you get to bask in the introduction to this decadent, melt-in-your-mouth fudge. I switched it up a bit to create what is seen here: Orange Pecan Chocolate Mushroom Vegan Fudge. It’s a mouthful…of AMAZINGNESS!!!
You can even benefit from eating this delicious dessert-y concoction.
The protein powder is a fave around here. 4 ingredients, and each one is stated on the front of the biodegradable bag in percentages.
And medicinal mushrooms? Well, they’re adaptogens, and they help bring your body back to homeostasis (in other words, balance everything out and help you deal with daily stressors).
Plus, they’re PACKED to the nines with antioxidants. Chaga especially is an antioxidant powerhouse.
Think of adaptogens as as a calming Grandmother, who brings you back down to earth when craziness hits the fan. If your adrenals are wired, they’ll help slow them down. If you’re immune system is out of wack, they’ll strengthen it up. If your mood swings are as steep as the Eiffel Tower, they’ll do their best to calm them back down to the flat-ness of the Saskatchewan plains kind of level.
Reishi, Lion’s Mane, Cordyceps, Turkey Tail and Chaga… each of them have their special unique beneficial traits. Whether you want more focus, more energy, less anxiety or more immunity, they’ve got you. Today we’re adding Cordyceps to the mix to make this fudge super energizing.
Not only does this fudge bring on plant protien and mushroom benefits… but it also shines for what it doesn’t have.
No dairy: No cream. No butter. No milk.
Yet, it’s still incredibly decadent, creamy, fudge-y and mouth-wateringly heavenly.
- 4 cups vegan dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (the solid taken from the coconut milk can)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon orange extract (peppermint would be great too!)
- 2-4 tsp Stay Wyld Codyceps powder
- ¾ cup dried cranberries (save ¼ for the topping)
- ¾ cup pecans, chopped (save ¼ for the topping)
- 2 tbsp orange zest (half for the topping)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Lightly greece an 8 x 8 baking dish with butter or coconut oil.
- Fill medium sized pot with 2-3 inches of water, and warm it up over medium heat.
- Create a double boiler by placing a steel or glass bowl over the pot.
- Add chocolate chips, coconut milk, maple syrup, vegan butter and orange extract.
- Whisk occasionally until smooth (about 5-8 minutes)
- Add the mushroom powder, whisk until smooth.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and fold in ½ cup cranberries, ½ cup pecans, 1 tbsp orange zest.
- Pour fudge mixture into the prepared baking dish (spread evenly)
- Sprinkle the toppings on there (1/24 cup each of cranberries and pecans, 1 tbsp orange zest, sea salt)
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour before serving.
- Chop it up and enjoy (place chunks in mason jars for an amazing Christmas present)
If you make this tag: @hookedonplants @vegnews @veganyackattack @staywyldorganics @lovecomplement on instagram so we can see!
… and if you want more:
Try @8020plants plant-based coaching and transition app.
Sign up to my emails for weekly inspiration, recipes, plus a free PDF on How to Get Hooked On Plants!