Nothing like a decadent, creamy, lemony, thick sauce to douse that vegan brunch with! This vegan hollandaise sauce is even delicious on dinner your plate (think taters & sauce, broccoli & sauce, glory bowls & sauce, burritos & sauce…)
Being plant-based, means falling in love with sauces. All the sauces.
Today’s all about this cashew raw vegan hollandaise.
It’s time to cure those creamy cravings with total satisfaction by drizzling this stuff over any savoury dish to create a culinary masterpiece.
With just 7 ingredients and a blender, you’ll be on your way to sauce o’clock, saucy heaven, 10 on the sauce-o-meter, 100% sauciness… You get it.
- Cashews are packed with minerals, and dietary monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats to help the body absorb the fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and vitamin K and produce fatty acids needed for yo’ brain!
- NO DAIRY – this is a big plus. Typical hollandaise has a whole lotta butter and eggs. Replacing these two with cashews will help you prevent cancer, inflammation, acidity, weight gain and animal suffering 🙂 Go nuts.
- ¾ cup cashews, soaked over night (or 10 minutes in hot water), then strained
- ¼ cup lemon juice (juice of 1½ lemons)
- ½ cup unsweeted, unflavoured plant milk (almond, coconut or soy)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- BLEND! Seriously. That's it. Until smooth.
- Drizzle away.
Sign up to my emails for weekly inspiration, recipes, plus a free PDF on How to Get Hooked On Plants
This week’s email was all about NYC vegan goodness and Main Street Vegan !