When the aroma of ripe nana’s starts to creep out from the kitchen, that’s when you know it’s time to transform those yellow thangs into everyone’s favourite type of bread…Walnut Banana Bread!
My goal for this banana bread was to go from a bowl of spotty bananas to a delicious bread as easy and quickly as possible.
Eat it for breakfast.
Pack it for lunch.
Warm it up for dessert.
Sometimes life calls for a cup’ o’ tea and a loaf of ‘nana bread.
So, when it can be pretty dang healthy for you, I’d consider that a life WINNING situation.
I’ll stop talking now. Make this and devour!
- Wet Ingredients:
- 4 bananas
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅛ cup coconut oil
- 2 chia eggs (2 tbsp chia seeds mixed with 6 tbsp water, let sit for 5 minutes)
- 3 cups oats, gluten free if needed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips (optional, but why wouldn't ya?)
- 1 banana, halved lengthwise
- 6-8 walnuts
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- Line your loaf baking dish with parchment paper.
- First, blend your oats into a flour, then pour into a big bowl.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients to the oat flour and stir until combined.
- Put all wet ingredients in your blender, blend until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into your loaf pan (either a medium sized one or 2 small ones). Fill it up almost all the way to the top.
- Place the halved banana on top with a few walnuts.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Let cool a few minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy! (Maybe with some of this jam!)
- To store, put it back into the loaf pan and cover it with tinfoil, or reusable vegan wax wrap (not affiliated, but can't stop using these!)
Tag me if you make this! (@hookedonplants on instagram)
I love seeing your recipes.
… and if you want more plants in your life:
Sign up for the Mostly Plants 28 day Program to kick start 2019!
All the info is here!