You’d have a tough time trying to find a day to look in my fridge without seeing a jar of this Lemony Nooch dressing.
I’m telling you now… triple or quadruple this recipe so you can have this amazingness available in your fridge for up to 10 days, and finally get excited to make friends with salad er’yday.
This dressing works with any kind of salad. Greens, beans, grains, legumes, you name it, just add it, and it’s all better.
The best way to use this is to mash your torn up kale leaves in the dressing, and let it sit for 10 minutes in your salad bowl (this softens the kale), then add the rest of your salad ingredients and toss it all up! I try to get a salad in my system on the daily, and this dressing makes it easier than ever!
The nooch, paired with the dijon creates a cheeziness and creaminess without the need for any oil!
If you’re looking for more oil-free salad dressings, here’s a few to play around with.
Feel free to use apple cider vinegar to instead of lemon, and add a bit more maple syrup if you like it sweeter!
- Nooch (Nutritional yeast) is packed with vitamin B12 (which everyone needs to make sure they get in their diet either by supplementing or eating B12 fortified foods like nooch’ or fortified plant-based milks), and has a cheesy flavour! It’s so delicious to sprinkle on anything, and add to any sauce to get that creamy, cheesy taste.
- Lemon is detoxifying, great for your skin, high in Vitamin C and helps indigestion.
- Oil-free dressing means you’re salad will be mega healthy! Oil is a refined fat, without fibre and with minimal nutrients. So if you’re trying to keep your salads low in empty calories, yet nutrient-dense and delicious, try ditching the oil and using these ingredients to create the creamy dressing you’re after!
- 3 tbsp lemon juice (or apple cider vinegar)
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1-2 tbsp water, optional (depends on how thick or thin you like it!
- * I recommend tripling this recipe and keeping a jar of dressing in the fridge ready to go*
- Pour all ingredients (except for the optional water) in a mason jar and shake! Or, pour all ingredients into the bottom of your salad bowl, and whisk!
- Add a bit of that water if you want a thinner dressing.
- *I recommend adding some kale to the dressing in your bowl, and mashing it in the dressing with your salad tongs, then letting that sit a few minutes before adding the rest of your ingredients. This provides a delicious massaged kale base for the rest of your salad. My usual salad for 2 consists of 4 leaves of the massaged kale, tomato, ½ avocado, 1 pear, 2 green onions, 1 head romaine, 1-2 tbsp raisins and sunflower seeds.