If you’re breakfast looks like this, your day is complete by 9am. This raw vegan aquafaba whipped cream parfait is taken to the next level with a snickers bar made by the lovely Laura.
And even though it’s whipped cream for breakfast, it’s still good for you.
~ The snickers bar created by the raw vegan treat pros over at Little Tucker is raw, vegan and made with nuts, dates, some maple syrup… and it tastes heavenly because these girls got skills!! If you’re going to be at Veg Expo this weekend at the Vancouver Convention Centre, go say hi to Laura and the girls to sample some of their goodness.
~ The whipped cream is made of the magical ingredient, aquafaba. Yup, the juice of the chickpea, that’s right. You threw that down the drain without thinking twice before you read this, didn’t you? Don’t worry, I did too. Aquafaba creates a wonderfully stiff, yummy, and very low calorie alternative to your typical whip. It’s also a great egg-replacer in vegan baking (3 tbsp = 1 egg). Who knew?!
~The base is made from my breakfast cereal, Jules Fuel. Matcha Date and Blueberry Cacao Overnight Buckwheat Oats that I soak in homemade hemp milk, or any kind of plant based milk kickin’ around. It’s packed to the rim with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, plant protein, and fibre. You can order it internationally from Vegan Supply, or locally at Spud Vancouver.
Layer it all up with some fresh berries and you’ve got yourself a true breakfast of champs.
You can get Jules Fuel overnight buckwheat oats (blueberry cacao, or matcha date flavour) online from anywhere in the world at Vegan Supply! Or, locally in the Vancouver/Whistler area from Spud online, or Be Fresh, Green Moustache, and any Whistler Grocery store. You can find the Little Tucker snickers bar here.
- ½ cup Jules Fuel Matcha Date Overnight Buckwheat Oats
- ½ cup Jules Fuel Blueberry Cacao Overnight Buckwheat Oats
- 1 cup plant-based milk of choice (I used this hemp milk)
- Fresh berries
- Little Tucker Raw Vegan Snickers Bar, chopped
Aquafaba Whipped Cream:
- ¾ cup aquafaba/chickpea liquid (this is around the amount of liquid from a 398ml chickpea can)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In separate jars, soak ½ cup blueberry cacao Jules Fuel with ½ cup plant milk, and ½ cup matcha date Jules Fuel with the rest of the ½ cup of plant milk for at least 30 minutes (overnight if you can!!)
- Make Aquafaba Whipped Cream: add all whipped cream ingredients to an electric hand mixer with the whisk attachment. Mix on high for at least 5 minutes. The longer you mix, the stiffer it will become! Watch the magic happen.
- In 2 jars, scoop in one of the Jules Fuel oats, then some berries, then some whipped cream, then another layer of the other Jules Fuel oats, then go crazy with the whipped cream, and top it all off with the snickers bar.
Sign up to my emails for weekly inspiration, recipes, plus a free PDF on How to Get Hooked On Plants
VEG EXPO IS THIS WEEKEND!
Come see me at booth #48 ! Or watch my talk at 12:40 (6 Ways to Get Hooked On Plants). SEE YOU THERE !!