This is the meanest, greenest vegan hemp pesto pasta salad on the block!
Super flavour-y brilliance without the parm, oil, or gluten. BOOM.
To do list: make the pesto, boil the pasta, throw in some flavourful colours and you have yourself a meal!
Not only does this bode well for potluck-style weddings (which is what our weekends have been filled with this month), but it’s also a saviour when it comes to busy weeks and last minute dinners. Just make a TON of this goodness and your week will be stress-free in the food realm.
Serve it up with a big ol’ salad drizzled with this dressing, and spruce it up by adding different proteins each night (tempeh, smoked tofu, seitan or sausage slices, anything gardein, veggie burger chunks… you get the drift).
Easy & plant-based… that’s what it’s all about!
BY THE WAY:
I’m working away at an e-book for you guys!
All you need to know about being plant-based for a week with 30 recipes, nutrition tips, and a whole week of meals planned out for you.
My goal is to make this plant-based lifestyle as fun and easy as possible for as many people as possible. I hope this e-book will to be the ultimate guide for YOU to achieve that🙂
Get in touch with me on Instagram by tagging @hookedonplants and #plantsforaweek and let me know what questions you have about this lifestyle that you want to be answered in my E-book! I’d LOVE to hear from you!
- 1 package of your favourite pasta noodles (go for 2 ingredient pasta like fusilli with brown rice and water), cooked according to directions
- 10 kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 jar artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 jar sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 3 basil leaves for garnish
- 2 cups of packed fresh basil
- ¼ cup tahini
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 2 cloves garlic
- ⅛ tsp each salt + pepper
- ⅓ cup water
- Make pesto: blend all pesto ingredients together in your food processor
- Mix the pesto, pasta noodles, artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes together in a large bowl, then top with extra basil leaves.
Sign up to my emails for weekly inspiration, recipes, plus a free PDF on How to Get Hooked On Plants!
This week was all about you and your relationship with you GUT. SO interesting!