This Valentines, you’ll be needing decadent, melt-in-your-mouth, sweet and sultry caramel cacao bites for your honey (who are we kidding…these happy bombs are as much for your self as they are for anyone else).
Are you in for some whole food dessert goodness? I’ve got you covered.
Dates and cacao are two of nature’s superfoods, and this time they make an amazingly sinful-tasting dessert that is actually benefiting your bod’.
The chewy base with the chocolate-y layer provides you with a melt-in-your-mouth experience you’ll be dying for over and over again. And that’s ok, because they’re tiny bites, with a nutritional punch.
A spicy surprise aftertaste gives these Hot For You Bites babies their name. The cayenne pepper in here is great for blood flow too, so that’s a bonus!:)
- Cacao (the purest form of chocolate) has 40 times the antioxidants of blueberries and a whole bunch of magnesium for your heart and brain. Perfect for your valentine.
- Cayenne pepper increases your circulation and detoxifies your digestive system.
- Dates are an amazing source of soluble fibre, an energy booster and increase your sexual stamina! Plus, if you drink too much champagne this Valentines, dates actually have a sobering effect. Perfect for the end of your night before you hit the hay. Again, perfect for your Valentine.
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut **optional
- 1 cup pitted dates (soaked for 10 minutes to soften)
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons water, or more as needed
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ tsp cayenne powder
- Make caramel sauce: blend all caramel sauce ingredients in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Spread layer of caramel along bottom of silicone mold or muffin paper in a muffin tin. I find using a silicone mold is the best option, and easiest to pop out the bites after the freeze time!
- Freeze for at least 30 minutes
- Make chocolate sauce: melt coconut oil in sauce pan, then add rest of ingredient and whisk until smooth
- Spoon layer of chocolate sauce over the caramel layer to fill silicone molds
- Top chocolate with a goji berry or two
- Freeze at least 15 minutes
- Pop out of the silicone mold, or muffin papers (may need a knife to get all of the caramel layer)
- Optional ** Garnish with shredded coconut
- Store in freezer