Meet your new travelling adventure buddies. These Jules Fuel Buckwheat Bliss balls are packed with superfood goodness with a mega-dose of antioxidants.
On the plane, in a camelback or pocketed on a ski day… they’ll save you and your low energy anywhere, anytime.
And they’re SO simple to make.
You’ll find some date ball recipes on here already like these Maca Date Balls or Hemp Coconut Balls , but these ones are special cuz they’re Jules Fuelled ;0)
My cereal company recently turned into a line of superfood breakfasts. The original (Jules Fuel Quinoa Superfood Oatmeal) has been breaking fasts since 2013. But, just last month 2 new Buckwheat Overnight Oat products graced the grocery store shelves!
Your choice of…Matcha Date Overnight Buckwheat Oats, or Blueberry Cacao Overnight Buckwheat Oats.
Both are bursting with antioxidants, plant protein, fibre, phytonutrients and flava flave. On the bag I tell guide you to soak your serving of buckwheat oats overnight in your favourite mason jar with your favourite plant-based mylk.
But today we’re switching it up a bit.
Adding dates to the mix allows you to roll it up into a bunch of 2-bite Jules Fuel balls for all your on-the-go energizing needs.
The buckwheat groats stay in tact to add a satisfying crunch to the texture, and the only thing you have to do is blend and roll. Triple (or quadruple) this recipe and keep them in your freezer for months!
- Buckwheat is packed with all essential amino acids, creating a protein packed grain that gives you long lasting energy and regulates blood sugar levels by mimicking the action of insulin. It’s also alkaline to your body, and packed with B vitamins (to help your nervous system function optimally).
- Blueberry & Cacao are both incredibly high in antioxidants to deactivate free radicals in your body (which are the culprits that lead to disease) plus counteract pollution and unstable molecules. This all leads to longevity by slowing the aging process! Antioxidants also help decrease cholesterol and fat accumulation (gotta love em’)! Cacao, which is the raw form of chocolate, is also well-known mood enhancer.
- Matcha is highly beneficial ground up green tea leaves. It contains L-theanine, which is known to aid in cancer treatments by helping fight tumours. It’s way up there in the antioxidant count, highly energizing without the caffeine jitters, revs up your metabolism and detoxifies naturally. At the same time as being energizing, it calms the mind and relaxes the body. Plus, it’s rich in vitamins, fibre and chlorophyll.
- Dates are mother nature’s candy (thanks Ma!). Since they’re incredibly high in minerals and vitamins, plus packed with fibre, they’re the best option for sweetening anything that needs some sweetness.
- 8-10 medjool dates (depending on size)
- 1 cup Jules Fuel overnight buckwheat oats (matcha date, or blueberry cacao)
- Put all ingredients into your food processor.
- Blend for about a minute, or until the mixture resembles a crumbly granola. You should be able to pick some up, squish it, and it will stay together.
- Roll into 1-inch balls.
- Store in freezer or fridge.
- Take them with you for your next adventure, a long day at the office, or travel day!
Want more? Sign up to my emails for weekly inspiration, recipes, plus a free PDF on How to Get Hooked On Plants.