Stop what you’re doing. Make this now. Thank me later.
Too demanding? It’s worth it.
This stuff should be illegal, it’s so good. Not to mention it’s simplicity. Raw food for dummies, people!
If you’re new to the raw food world, and this happens to be the first raw recipe you make, you’ll be hooked.
Move over cookie dough… there’s a new guy in town.
This time it’s healthy, and dare I say… tastier.
Sprinkle this on your thick and creamy smoothie bowl or banana ice cream… or you could even top your Jules Fuel with some of this sweetness!
Are mornings allowed to taste this good????
Yes. Yes they are.
This recipe is inspired by Loni Jane (thank you girl!)
Granolas these days… usually they’re packed with oil and refined sugars.
With this RawNola, the nutrients are still in tact without the disturbance of heat, plus there’s no refined sugar, it’s fat-free, vegan (of course), and SO EASY.
- Dates are one of those ingredients… just too good to be true. They’re naturally sweet, gooey and delicious. Plus, they’re packed with fibre, minerals and vitamins. Yup, nutrient-dense powerhouses that you don’t have to feel guilty about eating, even though they taste so sinful! Want more? They’re packed with iron to help with anemia, they keep you regular, their amino acids help digestion, and their potassium reduces the risk of strokes.
- Oats are fibre-rich to lower cholesterol and trigger to let your brain know you’re full. The manganese boost will help with anxiety. The antioxidants will combat cardiovascular disease. Oats will also help balance your blood sugar levels. Opt for the gluten-free version if you’re gluten-sensitive.
- Coconut is packed with heart healthy omega medium-chain saturated fats are used by the body efficiently and transformed into energy. It’s also antibacterial and anti-inflammatory to decrease bacterial overgrowth, and inflammation in the body.
Time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup raw oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 7-10 pitted dates
- 1 tbsp cacao
- Add oats, coconut, cacao and 3-4 dates to a food processor or high-speed blender, pulse until dates are evenly mixed
- Continue to add the dates until your desired texture is reached. You may need all of them, you may not… this depends on the gooeyness of your dates
- Top on your Banana Soft Serve or smoothie bowl, or Jules Fuel, or just pour some Vanilla Date Almond Milk over it in your favourite bowl and call it a day.