There’s a whole lot of hidden green goodness in these babies! Chocolate green smoothie popsicles…..
A frosty treat? Yes.
A refreshing snack? Uh huh.
A mega-dose of nutrients? Totes.
A smoothie on a stick? HELLS YA
… all drizzled with vegan chocolate.
There are smoothie pops, and then there are these. They’re creamy with almond milk, sweet with banana, and incredibly easy with Chelsie’s Blender Bites.
Chelsie is a genius. She had the problem that most of us have when it comes to smoothie making.
Here’s how it goes:
- Take every piece of produce out of the fridge
- Throw a bit of everything in the blender
- Add your powders
- Add your frozen fruit
- Then, WHA-BAM!! A tornado has now graced your kitchen.
The Blender Bites makes it an easy affair with no clean up. They’re little frozen pucks packed with greens, fruit, and superfoods that you just throw into your blender with the liquid of choice and maybe a banana (or not), and call it a smoothie. SO ridiculously easy.
I love local companies (Chelsie makes all of the frozen pucks in Vancouver), especially when they add so much ease to my morning.
I went a little further than your typical smoothie today to create these frosty treats!
Read on for the recipe if you want a super healthy pop, still packed with flavour and drizzled in chocolate goodness (totally optional) to slap that junk food craving in the face.
- 2 blender bite pucks
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup vanilla or chocolate plant milk (almond, coconut, hemp, soy, pea or cashew)
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Blend popsicle ingredients until smooth.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds and freeze overnight.
- Make chocolate drizzle by microwaving chocolate and oil together in a bowl for 30 seconds (can also be melted in a double boilerset up). Take out and whisk immediately until smooth.
- Pull out popsicles (run under warm water for 10 seconds to make it easier to pull them out), and lay them on a plate.
- Drizzle chocolate over top, then place in freezer for 5 minutes.
Sign up to my emails for weekly inspiration, recipes, plus a free PDF on How to Get Hooked On Plants!
This week was all about the 3 supplements you should be taking! The one spray I take each day is Complement, because it has all that you need in one go! You can use HOOKEDONPLANTS at the check out for 10% off.