That naked cookie jar is calling for these babies! But be warned; if you are into chewiness with a surprise crunch of clustery, seedy, coco-nutty goodness, that jar of chewy vegan chickpea cookies will be empty within 48 hours.
The tapioca flour in these cookies gives them that chewy texture, and the chickpea flour gives you the extra plant protein so you’ll feel like a health nut without having to taste the health (if you know what I mean)! Perfect combo.
Keep the GF theme going by opting for gluten-free oats.
And the clusters! Such a great addition. You know that feeling of biting into something chewy, and all of a sudden, SURPRISE … a delightful crunch for the teeth to bask in. Is it just me, or is that not the most satisfying sensation ever?
I’m using Hippie Snacks sweet seed + nut clusters (a whole package worth) to round out these devour-worthy cookies. The clusters have dried fruit in them too, so you get a random bit of extra firm chewiness, along with that seedy, coconut crunch (YES).
And the dippability of these guys are 10/10 (very important to mention).
Pour that hemp milk into a your favourite mug and dip away till’ the happy cows come home.
Cookies with Benefits:
- Chickpea Flour is a great option if you’re sensitive to gluten, plus it’s packed with plant protein with a very mild flavour. It’s anti-inflammatory, and super nutrient-dense, yet lower in calories (compared to wheat flour).
- Sweet Coconut Seed + Nut clusters are packed with omegas from coconut + flax seeds, iron from pumpkin seeds, and vitamin E from sunflower seeds. They’ve got papaya and cranberries in there for a boost of phytonutrients and digestive enzymes, plus a ton of fibre from the brown rice puffs!
- Oats are packed with magnesium, fibre and antioxidants. They’ll help balance your blood sugar, lower cholesterol and relieve constipation:)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup oats (gluten free if needed)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 package Hippie Snacks Sweet Coconut Seed + Nut Clusters
- Pre-Heat oven to 350°F
- Mix together dry ingredients (I do this in the Kitchen Aid mixer). Then pour that into a bowl and set aside.
- Mix together the wet ingredients (except for the clusters), until smooth.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and mix until combined
- Then stir in the coconut clusters (save some for topping the cookies with)
- On a parchment covered, or reusable cooking sheet covered cookie sheet, place 1 inch cookie dough balls about 2 inches apart.
- Press the cookie down slightly and sprinkle with left over cluster bits.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (watch they don't burn, but if you want a crispier base go for 12 minutes)
- Store in that cookie jar!
Sign up to my emails for weekly inspiration, recipes, plus a free PDF on How to Get Hooked On Plants