Even Mr. Alfredo himself would FOR SURE give this Cauliflower Fettuccine Alfredo a 10/10. Even without cream, butter or cheese at the party.
Cream-ified with cauli and cashews and simplified with just 8 ingredients, making it the perfect answer to your weeknight scramble-fest (just takes 20 minutes).
Kids will love it too.
Use this sauce for anything else you need to add flavourful creaminess to (lunch wraps, sandwiches, glory bowls…)
I’ve added in some portobellos, smoked tofu, and peas for extra Alfredo pasta pizzazz.
Double it up, so you don’t have to worry about dinner a few nights away (my tastebuds wouldn’t have any problem at all if this was on repeat multiple times a week).
Cauliflower for the win once again. Love you, you versatile bundle of cruciferous-ness.
- 1 large cauliflower, chopped (5 heaping cups of cauliflower florets)
- 1-2 tbsp tamari
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 portobellos, sliced
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- ¾ cup soaked cashews
- ¾ cup veggie broth
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- juice of ½ lemon (about 1 tablespoon), plus 2 wedges for serving
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp pepper, to taste
- 1 package (350 g) fettuccine or rotini pasta (gluten free if needed)
- ½ cup smoked tofu, chopped
- Fresh minced parsley, or sage for garnish
- Smoked Vegan Parmesan
- ¾ cup green peas
- Steam cauliflower florets in a steamer basket with the lid on for 10 to 15 minutes until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan to medium heat and add the onions, garlic and mushrooms. Sauté for 10 minutes using splashes of tamari and water to de-glaze the pan if they’re sticking at all.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain well, pour it back into the pot, then set aside.
- Make the sauce! Blend the steamed cauliflower, lemon, milk, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper with HALF of the sautéed mushrooms, onion, garlic mix in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the cauliflower sauce to the pasta pot and stir well.
- Add the green peas (if using)and heat over low-medium until everything is heated through. Taste and add more salt, lemon or pepper if needed.
- Serve it up! Divide the pasta into bowls, and add a sprinkle of fresh minced parsley. Add any other veggies you feel would be delicious with this creamy concoction!
- Optional: sprinkle with this Smoked Vegan Parmesan.
Tag me if you make this! LOVE seeing your creations.