This question needed a post all to itself. I can’t count the amount of times friends, friends of friends, the Hooked on Plants community, and even family have said… “I just watched Game Changers. Guess I have to go vegan now! Where do I start?”
SO, here we go: a place for the veg-curious!
Get connected with your personal WHY
Head to the ‘Why Vegan‘ Page to help with this. Is it for athletic endurance? More energy? Disease prevention? Weight loss? Clearer skin? For the environment? For the animals?
Make sure you’re doing this for a personal reason that you truly care about.
If you can’t grasp on to your ‘why’, watch:
- These free documentaries: Cowspiracy, Forks Over Knives (or What the Health), Earthlings (or Dominion)
- These Youtube speeches by: James Aspey, Gary Yourofsky, Philip Wollen
Sign up for the 80/20 plants Program
80/20 Plants is the most basic, non-preachy, structured way to transition to an 80% whole foods plant based diet & 20% indulgent plant based lifestyle.
This is what I wish I had during my year long transition in 2015.
What’s in it?
- Full support with meal plans
- Hundreds of recipes
- A supportive 80/20 community
- 1:1 coaching (phone calls and messaging)
- 30 Video lessons (from me) through out the 4 phases
- 4 phases: breakfast first, then snacks, then lunch, then dinner, all at your own pace.
If you’re into going ‘cold tofu’ and taking the #PlantsForAWeek mini challenge, grab my E Book. I still recommend doing the 80/20 Plants program as well for the consistent, baby step, long-term approach that will actually stick.
A) Have FUN: Go eat at vegan restaurants & go to veg fests
B) Follow these INSTAGRAM accounts:
- For food inspo: @erinireland @easyanimalfree @hotforfood @edgyveg @bosht.v @plantsfirstnutrition @brucesroots @wickedhhealthy @eftp.co @hookedonplants
- For nutrition: @plant_proof @micthevegan @drmatthewnagra @nutrition_facts_org @8020plants @plantsfirstnutrition @brucesroots @julieannahever @drpamela.rd @switch4good @theguthealthmd @desireeneilson @physicianscommittee
- For environment: @eftp.co @seashepherd @onegreenplanet
- For the animals: @jamesaspey @carlytaylor269 @earthlinged @mercyforanimals @thesavemovement @moby
- For inspiring news: @vegnews @livekindlyco @plantbasednews @vegancommunity
C) Subscribe to these YOUTUBE Channels:
- Mic the Vegan
- Goji Man
- Maddie Lymburner
- Hot for Food
- Edgy Veg
- From My Bowl
- LilyKoi Hawaii
- Nutrition Facts
- Eamon & Bec
- Kate Flowers
- Ellen Fisher
- Sweet Potato Soul
D) Subscribe to these PODCASTS:
- Plant Proof
- Rich Roll
- Switch 4 Good
- Sonya Looney Show
- Eat Real To Heal
- Main Street Vegan
- The No Bullsh!t Vegan
- Eat for the Planet
- No Meat Athlete Podcast
- Plant Active
- Generation V
- Plant Based News podcast
Do this with a buddy.
Stay accountable by sharing recipes, vegan news, wins and struggles.
Have comfort in knowing…:
- Every nutrient necessary for humans is found in plants
- Skipping the middle man (the animal) and going straight to the source is becoming a necessary action for human and planetary health (and the animals).
- It has been proven that you can thrive in all stages of life by eating only plants. Check out this Adventist 2 study here (done on one of the longest living populations in the world who were all either vegetarian, or vegan. About 4% of the study were vegan, and happened to be the healthiest lot of the whole study).
Ask me anything over on instagram & remember why you felt the personal pull. When you feel pulled in the other direction, just put yourself in the animal’s shoes.
Comment below to share your why!