That feeling when you can flip your veggie patty with one spatula flip!!! Well, these grillable vegan burgers provide those amazing feels.
Backyard BBQ here you come.
I’m always on a burger making binge, trying to find all kinds of different ways to cook veggie burgers on the BBQ.
All veggie burgers want to do is just fit in, ya know!? And to fit in… they have to be a few things:
- Filled with whole food goodness
Try these ones out next time you fire up the Q.
They’re packed with plant protein (thanks to tempeh and beans), and ready for the grill.
By the way … pairing this with garlic cream sauce is a day maker!
Tempeh Pinto Bean Grillable Vegan Burger
1 flax egg (mix 1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water, let sit 5 minutes)
3/4 tsp tamari
1 package tempeh (about 230 grams or 8 oz)
1 cup cooked pinto beans (black beans work too)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp paprika
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp cumin
- Add all ingredients to your food processor and pulse until well combined, but not completely smooth
- Form into 4 equal sized burger patties
- Spray or spread coconut or avocado oil on BBQ grill and heat BBQ to 400F/medium heat
- Grill burgers for 5-6 minutes per side, adding vegan cheese to the patty for the last 2 minutes!
- Assemble your burger…. Bun or Lettuce wrap, dijon, vegan mayo, tomato, pickle, this AMAZING garlic cream sauce, guacamole, sprouts….