Move over mashed potatoes, there’s a new kid on the block. This caramelized leek & onion side is now the side of all sides.
Paired with the easiest go-to ingredient combo of Bragg’s liquid aminos and Nooch.
Hack alert: add these two ingredients to any savoury dish, and BAM: you’re a chef pumping out incredibly flavourful dishes!!
It might not look like much, but the flavours are bursting and the simplicity is ridiculous.
Just a few chops, a bit of a sizzle, a yummy aroma, and you have yourself a fancy, melt in your mouth side!
- 2 leeks, with the dark green part chopped off (this is optional, but makes for a softer caramelization). White/light green part sliced in half lengthwise, rinsed well, then thinly sliced horizontally
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Kosher salt
- ¼ cup Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- Heat pan to medium heat then add sliced onions. Let the pan brown, then add a bit of water (about an ⅛ of a cup) and mix to de-glaze the pan. Do this twice.
- Add the sliced leek to the pan. Continue the de-glazing method with water (baslamic vinegar works too!) for few times.
- Lower the heat, put the lid on, and allow to caramelize for at least 10 minutes.
- Add liquid aminos and nutritional yeast. Mix until combined.
- Serve it up!
Tag @hookedonplants if you make this! I love seeing your creations.
For more inspiration and info on eating plant-based, sign up to my emails for weekly inspiration, recipes, plus a free PDF on How to Get Hooked On Plants!