If easy is what you’re lookin’ for. Search no further.
This bowl of goodness is just a few easy steps away.
It’s packed with nutrients and energizing pizzazz!
Plant protein, antioxidants, and lots’a fibre make this a fantastical breakfast to fuel what ever your day has ahead.
You can even make this into grab and go Jules Fuel balls.
For those of you who don’t know, I’m a cereal entrepreneur, literally.
I started Jules Fuel in 2012 after I retired from 6 years on the Ski Cross World Cup tour with the National team. I used to bring a similar breakfast blend on the road with me, so I knew that I’d at least have a healthy breakfast. I decided to bag it up, hit up Farmer’s Markets and grocery stores to share my cereal with those in search of a healthy, quick, delish breaki!
The original (on the left) is the Quinoa Breakfast Blend aka quinoa oatmeal packed with superfoods!
If you want to make it yourself here’s what’s in it: quinoa, oats, goji berries, chia seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and raisins, that’s it.
This one needs 10 minutes of cooking, and you’re good to go (I always make the whole bag, or a week’s worth, so it’s ready to bowl up in the morning with my fave toppings).
The 2 new Jules Fuel cereals on the block are Matcha Date or Blueberry Cacao Overnight Buckwheat Oats.
These buckwheat oats bring the base of buckwheat, oats and a tiny bit of coconut sugar, and they’re topped off with either blueberry powder and cacao nibs, or matcha powder and date chunks (my personal fave).
There’s no cooking needed for these ones! Just soak these power oats overnight in your favourite plant milk (I love unsweetened vanilla soy or oat milk) and see ya in the AM!
I mean…. it’s too easy not to!
Of course, you can cook them if you want!
I’ve got both recipes for you here.
- Soak it
- The quick cook featuring bananas
- 1 cup Jules Fuel overnight buckwheat oats (or your own mix of oats, buckwheat, a little coconut sugar and favourite superfoods)
- ¾-1 cup plant milk
- Add oat mixture and milk to a mason jar or tupperware. Shake it up.
- Keep in the fridge for at least 1 hour or over night.
- Top it with your favourite toppings: coconut yogurt, fruit, maple syrup, or nuts!
- 1 cup Jules Fuel Matcha Date Buckwheat Oats
- 1 cup plant-milk of choice
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- Maple syrup
- Berries or any other fruit
- Coconut flakes
- Coconut (or almond/soy/cashew) yogurt
- Nut butter
- Chopped pecans/walnuts/brazil nuts
- Heat the Jules Fuel, milk and banana up on the stove at medium heat. Stir and cover for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, get your toppings ready to party.
- Serve the buckwheat oats up in your favourite bowl, and top it to the nines. Indulge.
Tag @hookedonplants and @julesfuelyum if you make this! I love to see your creations.