Welcome to the vegan gift guide for the conscious consumer who doesn’t have their sh*t together in time!
How does it feel like Christmas just happened? It rolls up so quickly, and then it be like… AH no time! Or is that just me?
Are any of you organized for Christmas morning in November? If so, I bow down to you.
Christmas can be stress-inducing, when really it should be the opposite.
This word ‘Holidays’ should really mean time spent with the ones you’re incredibly fond of, giving to those who need it the most, and eating delicious plants in the form of comfort food surrounded by Charlie Brown Christmas tunes and the smell of roasted Meatless Balls and Mushroom Gravy.
But, it’s not always that simple, is it?
If the scramble for presents is taking away from the simplicity of what the Holidays are really about, then you have come to the right place.
PLUS, in the attempt for achieving a sustainable and minimalistic holiday, at the bottom I’ve added in eco-friendly gift wrapping ideas, too.
Merry Christmas to all of you!
FOODIE GIFT CARDS
This is your opportunity to show your friends and fam something new, and support a biz you love.
- Vancouver/Whistler Restaurants:
- The Acorn
- Virtuous Pie
- Green Moustache
- Meet on Main or in Gastown
- Eternal Abundance
- Zend Concious Lounge
- Cafe By Tao
- Olive & Ruby
- Juice Truck
- The Juicery Co
- The Juice Box Cleanse from Spud Vancouver
- The Workshop
- Indigo Age Cafe
- Hey Kokomo
- Alta Bistro Whistler (amazing veggie burger!)
- The Naked Sprout Whistler
- To look for even more where you live, download the app Happy Cow or the local app Gomae!
- Cheeze (there’s so many amazing companies making vegan dairy products now!)
- Black Sheep VeganCheeze
- Miyokos Creamery – can be found at Vegan Supply Co
- Blue Heron Creamery – local company with a store opening soon!
- Chao – can be found at Nester’s or most grocery stores!
- VioLife – can be found at Vegan Supply Co
- Parthenon Vegan Housemade Cheezes (if you have time to go there before xmas!)
- Erin Ireland’s To Die For cookies
- Eve’s Crackers
- Frost Bites cordials
- Jules Fuel breakfast cereal (shameless self-promotion) from www.spud.ca (Promo Code: CRVAN-MURJUB)
We mostly think about our close ones when it comes to gift-giving, but there are so many businesses, animals, and people that could really use our help during the holidays. To donate money in the name of someone else, and hand over a card saying you did so, is incredibly meaningful and goes further than you could imagine in another’s life.
Farm Sanctuaries and Animal Shelters:
- The Happy Herd
- Cici Life Farm Sanctuary
- Whistler AnimalsGalore
- Vancouver SPCA
- Rasta Farm Sanctuary
- A Home For Hooves
- Esther The Wonder Pig
- Toronto Pig Save
- Wishing Well Sanctuary
- Ralphy’s Retreat
- Happy Trails Sanctuary
- Cedar Row Sanctuary
- More here
World hunger & shelter:
- A Well Fed World: Plants 4 Hunger helps feeds hungry children without harming animals!
- Give warm coats to those that need the warmth
- Cooking classes:
- Gift cards for yoga & other classes:
- E Books:
- Online Magazine subscriptions:
- Meal Planners: For the person that the only problem they have with healthy eating is the planning
- Audible subscription: an online library with books ready to listen to anywhere at twice the speed!
- My New Roots
- The First Mess
- Oh She Glows
- The Edgy Veg
- Raw Vegan Not Gross
- Rawsome Vegan Baking
- Naturally Nourished
- Thrive Diet
- No Meat Athlete Cookbook
CRUELTY FREE CLOTHING | JEWELLERY | ACCESSORIES
These may not work as last minute, but they’re great ideas for future gift-giving!
- Native Shoes – visit their new Vancouver store!
- Nice Shoes – gift card
- Tom’s – vegan shoes that give back
- Moo Shoes – vegan bags and shoes
- Wully Jackets – vegan outerwear
- Vegetaryn vegan shirts (Featuring apparel with ‘Lettuce Eat Plats’, ‘Eat Plants And Chill’ front and centre)
- Herbivore clothing
- In The Soul Shine vegan apparel (‘Food not friends’ tees!)
- Elephant Pants
- Cruelty-Free Cosmetics
- Love Myssa jewellery
- YCL Jewels
- Unicorn Goods for EVERYTHING
- Mat & Nat – vegan bags and accessories (Ruby Tuesday in Whistler carries them!)
- Hooked On Plants apparel coming soon!!
ECO-FRIENDLY GIFT WRAPPING
Can you imagine what a pile of thrown away wrapping paper would look like after Christmas is over?
Plus, this stuff is died, and laminated, making it difficult to recycle.
So, let’s opt out and go for these natural looking, enviro-friendly ideas instead.
- Scarves from your local Thrift Store or Re-Use-It Centre
- Brown paper and twine (both can be found at Staples, Michael’s, or your local farts n’ craps’ store;) for an organic look.
- Jars, cans or boxes you have around the house. Just tie twine around it and, voila!
- Grocery bag totes that they can re-use
- Paper bags
- Any kind of fabric you have kickin’ around! Time to get creative.