Stuck for dinner? Craving tastiness? Need some veggies in your life?
A basic vegan curry AKA… a fool-proof way to get nutrients in your bod’ without having to think.
Switch up the veggies according to the season, your personal vibe, or what ever you may have kicking around in that fridge of yours.
This recipe works with pretty much any kind of potato or veggie…
You could switch out the sweet potatoes for russet potatoes or turnips or butternut squash or pumpkin…
You could switch out the eggplant + cauliflower with carrots, broccoli, peppers, zucchinis…
You could switch out the chickpeas with edamame or red lentils or black beans or kidney beans or peas…
It’s your call! And it’s the perfect way to use up those veggies that have been staring at you in the face for the last week…saying ‘use meeee’!
You’re welcome, veggies.
OK on to the recipe.
Simply Basic Vegan CurryCourse: Dinner, LunchDifficulty: Easy
1 large sweet or yellow onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
6-8 white or brown mushrooms, sliced
1-2 jars of red or green curry paste (112 gram jars)
1 small can coconut milk (200mL)
1 veggie boullion cube
2 medium-large sweet potatoes, chopped
1 large eggplant, chopped
1 cauliflower, chopped
2 leave kale or 2 handfuls spinach, thinly sliced
1-2 tbsp peanuts (for topping)
3-4 sprigs fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- Bring pot to medium heat, then add onions, mushrooms and garlic. Let sauté, and add a bit of water to de-glaze the bottom of the pot
- After 5 minutes, add the curry paste, coconut milk, boullion cube and a cup of water. Stir until mixed evenly
- Add the sweet potatoes and eggplant. Add water until the veggies are just covered
- Bring to a boil, and then turn down to simmer for 30 minutes
- Add in the cauliflower and greens. Let simmer another 5 minutes
- To serve, lay down some pre-cooked brown rice or any other grain (or not), and top with peanuts and cilantro!
- Goes well with pre-cooked brown rice or quinoa!
If you make this, make sure you tag @hookedonplants on instagram!
Need a guide towards a plant-based lifestyle? Try the 80/20 Plants Program
Check out my e-book (your new vegan handbook) AKA …all you need for a #PlantsForAWeek mini challenge.
For more inspiration and info on eating plant-based, sign up to my emails for bi-weekly inspiration, recipes, plus a free PDF on How to Get Hooked On Plants!