Harvest season around here means ZUKES are flowing out of every corner.
This chocolate zucchini banana bread is THE recipe to put those zucchinis to use… Hidden veggie nutrition in a delicious chocolate loaf.
No eggs, no dairy, no problem.
I even added in some Love Complement whole food protein powder.
Love this stuff!
First, I’ll say: You can get enough protein on a plant based diet without protein powder! But, if you’re not eating a variety of plants, and enough calories in general, or if you’re training or growing or aging, it doesn’t hurt to add a bit of protein powder to your life.
This one is my fave because it’s 5 whole food ingredients (no isolates), no fillers, no sugars, and comes in a biodegradable bag.
You can use the code ‘hookedonplants‘ for a discount (I get a slight kick back if you do so, and you also get 10% off). I love this company for the quality and effort they put into transparency! I also take their daily essentials (everyday).
You could also add some organic Stay Wyld medicinal mushroom powders to this too! I add my mushie powders to everything possible.
- 2 cups oats (use gluten-free if celiac)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Complement Protein powder (use ‘hookedonplants’ for a discount!)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup plant milk (using Earth’s Own Vanilla Oat)
- 2 cups grated or thinly sliced zucchini
Optional (not really optional, just do it):
- Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Stay Wyld Mushroom Powder! I added 2 tsp of Reishi powder
- Pre-heat your oven to 350F
- In your food processor, add all dry ingredients and blend until it’s a flour consistency.
- Add all wet ingredients to your food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add in choco chips and pulse a few times.
- In a parchment covered loaf dish, pour the batter.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Slice it up and devour.
If you make this, post on Instagram and tag @hookedonplants !
Trying to go plant-based? Try the 80/20 Plants app.
Have a listen to Whistler Vegan Fest the Podcast veg nutrition and transition interviews here!