These 2-bite boats are a fun and fresh way to start off a dinner party.
So simple to put together and really, really delicious.
They have a pop of sweet and tangy flavours with a creamy and crispy textures.
Verrrrry interestingly delicious!
PLUS you get to learn how EASY it is to make vegan cream cheese (this time with curry and cilantro)!
Endives make the perfect boat for just about anything when it comes to small bites. There’s something so fancy about holding a canapé in your hand and savouring each bite.
These guys are great to make ahead of time, and I highly suggest you make enough Thai curry cashew cream cheese to keep in the fridge for that cheese craving later on (amazing in sandwiches, wraps, or with crackers).
Endives have vitamin A, which is great for eyes, plus helps maintain healthy mucus membranes and skin. B vitamins are in there too to help with healthy metabolism of fats, proteins, and carbohydrates.
Cashews help lower blood pressure, and helps hair, bones and nerves. Too much of a good thing in this case isn’t ideal though. Cashews are decadent and packed with calories from beneficial fat, so too many of these creamy morsels could lead to some extra pounds. In this recipe, we just use a small dollop on each endive for decadence and thai flavour!
Mango help lower cholesterol, clear skin, alkalinize the body, improve digestion, improve eye health, and combat cancer.
Thai Cashew Endive Boats
Time: 20 minutes (must soak cashews before hand for a few hours or overnight)
Serves: 20 plus extra cashew ‘cheeze’ is left over for you!
- Two heads of endives
- 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight or for 3 hours in water then drained
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup water, or just enough to blend cashews
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp green curry paste
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 cup cilantro
- 1 mango, sliced thinly in batonnet cuts
- 2 green onions, chopped diagonally
- Make the Thai cashew cream cheese: Blend the soaked cashews, lemon, and water (not too much!) in food processor until cream cheese consistency. Then blend in curry paste, onion powder, and cilantro.
- Fill your endives with cashew cheese, mango, green onion. Top with cilantro.
- Store your extra cream cheese in the fridge for about a week in a sealed jar.