This really is the EASIEST Blueberry Crisp. That’s all I gotta say.
Actually, there’s more.
It’s really delicious
It packs lots of nutrients
It’s the perfect light dessert for a special occasion (enter: Mother’s Day).
At just 11 ingredients (a few of those being spices), this epic dessert will take you 10 minutes to prep, and no time to devour.
If you’re looking for a way to spread the love to your fave gal this Mother’s Day, HERE IT IS.
Top it off with super healthy, creamy banana ice cream!
I could eat this for breakfast. Let’s change that to I will… and you should too.
Ok, signing off, Happy Mother’s Day to all of you amazing Mama’s out there!!
- 3 cups blueberries (frozen)
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- ½ tsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder (sub flour or cornstarch)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 1 cup coconut ribbons or shreds
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
Banana Ice Cream:
- 4-5 frozen bananas
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Blend half the coconut (1/2 cup), half the oats (1 cup), coconut sugar and salt until a flour texture forms.
- Pour into a bowl. Mix in the rest of the oats, the coconut, and the coconut oil.
- Pick out your favourite 9 inch (in diameter) pie plate and mix all filling ingredients together.
- Pour the topping over top and spread out to the edges.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes
- Let cool 10 minutes while you make you banana ice cream
- For banana ice cream, put the frozen bananas in your food processor and let sit for 5 minutes to thaw a bit! Then blend until cream-ified.
- Head here for different 'nana ice cream flavour ideas
- Serve it up!
Tag me if you make this! (@hookedonplants on instagram)
I love seeing your recipes.
For more inspiration and info on eating plant-based, sign up to my emails for bi-weekly inspiration, recipes, plus a free PDF on How to Get Hooked On Plants!
Need a guide towards a plant-based lifestyle? Try the MostlyPlants program.