Devouring a dense piece of chocolaty cheese cake doesn’t have to be a complete guilt ridden experience.
If you’re new to this vegan thing, or just want an alternative to the typical heavy duty New York style cheese cake, this has got to be the best way to get your fix.
Simple, raw decadence made up of nutrient-dense whole food ingredients.
I say, WHAT!? Yes, Please.
Not only that, but even your traditional egg and milk baking grandmother would be impressed.
This pie is perfect for a birthday shindig, or why not the upcoming day for Dad? Father’s Day is just around the corner…
I put it to the test, and the guys in my family go gaga over this one, so I know the ones in yours will devour it too.
All you need to do is blend the crust…
…blend the filling…
…then spread it…
Don’t forget to dip some apple slices in there for the clean up crew…
…blend the strawberries… pour it…
and freeze it!
-Cacao is the raw form of chocolate that offers an abundance of cancer-fighting antioxidants. Plus it’s known as a endorphin booster. There’s a reason why we go to chocolate when we’re stressed out. But, make it the pure form of chocolate and you’ll be better off and feeling fine.
-Strawberries are packed with phytonutrients, antioxidants and tons of vitamin C!
Strawberry Cacao ‘Cheeze’ Cake | Raw & Vegan
Serves: 8-10 people
Time: 4 hours soaking time, 15 minutes prep, 1 hour chill time
- 1 cup oats (gluten free if needed)
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 cup pitted dates (if they are very dry, soak 10 minutes then strained)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups cashews (soaked minimum 4 hours, then strained)
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (if solid, melt first into liquid)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup frozen strawberries, thawed
- Fresh strawberries, sliced
- Make Crust: in food processor, blend oats, almonds and coconut together until meal consistency, Add in dates and blend until cookie dough like consistency.
- Press crust into spring form pan (7-9 inch diameter) into an even layer
- Make Filling: blend all filling ingredients together in food processor
- Pour filling into spring form pan and spread out evenly with spatula
- Make Strawberry Sauce: blend strawberries with the thawed liquid in your blender
- Pour the strawberry sauce evenly over the chocolate filling
- Chill in the freezer for at least 1 hour
- Take out of the freezer about 30 minutes before serving, so you can cut through the strawberry layer. Serve with fresh strawberries and/or coconut whipped cream used in the Tarte Tatin recipe!