Whole Roasted Cauliflower is the easiest and one of the most delicious ways to enjoy your cauli!
This flavourful bomb of a recipe can take place of that main roast on the table.
Get those steak knives out, it’s time to carve up the cauli! Said no one, ever… until NOW.
But, you won’t need that steak knife, because this juicy cauliflower cooked to perfection, allows any dull knife to easily make it’s way to the bottom of the dish.
Let’s talk about this sauce. First, it’s massaged into the cauliflower, then it turns into a beautiful and delicious golden crust. Then, the other half of the golden goodness is drizzled liberally over the finished product.
Warning: this sauce may be your new addiction.
I brought this one to a potluck, and it was dubbed the vegan turkey. If you’re bringing it to a dinner, place it in a roasting dish, surround it in kale leaves, and put it in a 300°F oven for 10 minutes when you get there (the kale will turn into kale chips, and your roast will be extra golden).
In just a few steps you’ll have yourself a killer main.
Sauce the cauli.
Bake the cauli.
Slice and drizzle.
- 1 head cauliflower, wash it and take off the greenery, but leave the stalk on (you may have to trim it for the cauliflower to site flat)
Curry Tahini Sauce:
- ½ cup tahini
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1½ tbsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup plain, unsweetened almond milk (or any other plain, unsweetened plant-milk)
- Pre-Heat oven to 400°F
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: blend all sauce ingredients together EXCEPT for the almond milk.
- Place cauliflower head, stem-side down, in an oven safe baking dish.
- Pour half of the sauce over the cauliflower and spread evenly with your hands over the whole head of cauliflower (except for the bottom).
- Place cauliflower back in the dish, and fill the dish with ½ inch of water.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until a knife easily pokes through the centre.
- When you take the cauliflower out, heat up the rest of the sauce in a small pot with the ½ cup of almond milk.
- Serve the cauliflower with a good drizzle of the the warm sauce!
Want more? Sign up to my emails for weekly inspiration, recipes, plus a free PDF on How to Get Hooked On Plants.