Que the Jack Johnson and bring on Sunday morning!
Seriously though. These pancakes are so simple it’s stupid.
Easy to make and packed with whole-food ingredients. That’s what I’m all about.
The base is just 3 ingredients (bananas, oats, almond milk).
Once you have that blended up, feel free to add whatever you like.
Turmeric is a great addition for some anti-inflammatory bang, and blueberries for the antioxidant-boost.
There was a bunch of information on the benefits of adding pepper to your turmeric to sky rocket the absorption of curcumin (the active ingredient in turmeric), and why anti-inflammatory foods are so important in this week’s email! Sign up for my emails on the homepage, so you don’t miss the next email with juicy nutrition info!
Vanilla and cinnamon are always a must when I’m whipping up some flapjacks, so we’ll throw some of that in there too.
You can get creative with these.
Think… cacao, walnuts, orange zest, strawberries, crunchy buckwheat groats, shredded coconut, chocolate chips?!
What ever the artist inside of you comes up with, your pancake will be delicious and ready before Jack is finished his guitar solo.
Turmeric Blueberry Banana Pancakes
Making time: 3-5 minutes
Cooking time: 6 minutes per batch
- 2 cups oats (gluten free if needed)
- 3 bananas, spotty and ripe
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 thumb turmeric root (about 2 cm long) OR 1 tsp turmeric spice
- 1 tiny pinch black pepper (for turmeric absorption)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2-3/4 cup almond milk
- Add oats to blender. Blend into a flour
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except blueberries, blend until smooth
- Mix blueberries into batter
- Heat pan on low heat (level 2-3)
- Spoon pancakes into pan and cook for 3-4 minutes (until you see little bubbles appearing)
- Flip, then cook for another 2 minutes
- Pour over maple syrup and top with fruit
- Go the extra mile and pour over some delicious chocolate sauce from the Hot For You Bites chocolate layer, and/or some coconut whipped cream from the Tarte Tatin Recipe… Hello!