With Valentines Day just around the corner, you’ll be needing decadent, melt-in-your-mouth, sweet and sultry somethings for your honey.
I’ve got you covered.
This leaning tower of sweetness features a whole-food caramel sauce made of dates, with a smooth and chocolate sauce made of the superfood, cacao.
Don’t be fooled by their sweet, innocent looks. These babies have a kick of spice to go along with your spicy Valentines date night.
The cayenne pepper mixed in with the chocolate is a to die for combination.
Even though these bites may taste sinful, they carry with them a sweet nutritional bang.
- Cacao (the purest form of chocolate) has 40 times the antioxidants of blueberries and a whole bunch of magnesium for your heart and brain. Perfect for your valentine.
- Cayenne pepper does heaps for your circulatory system, and digestive system by helping detoxify your systems.
- Dates are an amazing source of soluble fibre, an energy booster and increase your sexual stamina! Plus, if you drink too much champagne this Valentines, dates actually have a sobering effect. Perfect for the end of your night before you hit the hay. Again, perfect for your Valentine.
Hot For You Caramel Cacao Bites
Makes: 15-20 bites
Time: 1 hour 15 minutes (includes freezing time)
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut **optional
- 1 cup pitted dates (soaked for 10 minutes to soften)
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons water, or more as needed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- Make caramel sauce: blend all caramel sauce ingredients in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Spread layer of caramel along bottom of silicone mold or muffin paper in a muffin tin. I find using a silicone mold is the best option, and easiest to pop out the bites after the freeze time!
- Freeze for at least 30 minutes
- Make chocolate sauce: melt coconut oil in sauce pan, then add rest of ingredient and whisk until smooth
- Spoon layer of chocolate sauce over the caramel layer to fill silicone molds
- Top chocolate with a goji berry or two
- Freeze at least 15 minutes
- Pop out of the silicone mold, or muffin papers (may need a knife to get all of the caramel layer)
- Optional ** Garnish with shredded coconut
** Save leftover bites in the freezer for later **